In regards to my last post on the ‘omens’ of dead birds and fish, which I’ve examined it under the Scriptures and the Talmud finding, I was asked by one reader on how to link that to a) magnetic pole shift being the likely cause for the mass death of birds and fish and
b) speculating 2012 doomsday theories. For I, too, wanted to share in details on similar topic, I’ve decided (with the reader’s approval) to post the following as a response to the questions with bit more added.
(So I ask my readers to kindly understand that I postpone posting on Biblical fulfilment on Israel’s resources and foreign relations)
FIRST, THE MAGNETIC POLE SHIFT
Yes, magnetic pole shift and also change in the Earth’s magnetic field is real – it has been reported since some time ago and the phenomenon is progressive as we speak.
For instance, we suspect honey bees disappearing and gradual death of dolphins in the past is due to this. Need for runway change now at the Tampa Airport is another classical example.
But, wouldn’t you still agree to raise the following questions in regards to the recent event?
1) Magnetic pole shifting has been a gradual phenomenon since some time. Yet, why now (just in a couple of few days across the world) the mass death of birds and fish?
Why weren’t this mass death across the world accumulated from the past consistently?
2) Have a look at the reports. Why are only specific species dying (either in birds or fish) in mass per location? Why not all sorts of birds and fish mixed up?
But, do the above suspicions justify the denial of the effect of magnetic pole shift?
[For it’s clear that the magnetic pole shift (which is the most plausible explanation) alone cannot answer the above]
Of course not.
Just as much as the magnetic pole shift is real, the sudden mass death of birds and fish for a specific species or two per location which cannot be explained by the magnetic pole shift is also real, and we see black-or-white logic here will not work. (As to why I mention this becomes apparent later)
One would be surprised to know that the Bible even talks about and (very likely) effect of dramatic magnetic pole shift and predicts it happening in the end time.
[See Isaiah 34:4 and Revelation 6:12-14 – these verses are not to be read in figurative understanding – it will happen literally]
NOT ANOTHER 2012 DOOMSDAY THEORY…YET ANOTHER BLACK-OR-WHITE LOGIC
Biblically, to begin with, 2012 doomsday theories are absolutely NOT true.
We cannot link them with the Biblical eschatology (that is, study of the end) for they do not have or hold biblical basis at all.
BUT, that doesn’t mean that we are not living in the end time.
Just because 2012 theories is distorted and not true (if you trace the root of 2012 theory, it becomes a conspiracy theory within the conspiracy. Oh dear. I’m not going to go through that here.) doesn’t mean we can deny that we are living in the end time. Again, black-or-white logic will not work.
Perhaps that’s why I was disappointed with Kirk Cameron’s recent interview on CNN concerning the mass death of birds and fish;
why couldn’t he justly claim that the 2012 theory is not true in the light of the Bible, yet the Bible tells that this, for the signs mentioned of the end time is being fulfilled just as they are written, is the end time?
It seems that he was either much more concerned with how he would be perceived by the others or wasn’t familiar with the Scriptures at all. I hope the former is the case.
As for the 2012 theories with Mayan calendar…again, two things to consider:
1) Mayans (and now it’s Aztecs as well) possessed advanced science, mathematics, astrology…they even predicted the doomsday for the Earth with their “high-tech” calendar…etc. Yes, I appreciate that.
where are they now?
They have claimed that they were able to predict the blueprint for the entire mankind, yet they couldn’t predict their own future? Not even one of them has survived?
Why… couldn’t they change their fate with all they had? (This is not mocking their discoveries or civilisation)
As for the Jews, they have faced more threats of extinction (of entire race – and yes this is present progressive as well) in the history of the mankind than probably any other race, yet they have revived themselves as a nation just as the Bible had predicted and promised.(Isaiah 11:11-12; 43:5-6, Ezekiel 37:21-22; 38:8, Jeremiah 23:3-6, 31:8-10, Matt 24:32 and parallels, Romans 11 and many others) These are concrete facts.
2) While Judeo-Christian eschatology is never promoted so much in details, why is it that the mass media are buying into these unverified 2012 theories and encouraging the growth of 2012 doomsday enthusiasts?
If you compare, Judeo-Christian eschatology is far more precise and realistic for it sets out the events to unfold in chronological order (and I stress again and again they are being fulfilled) than the Mayan calendar can do. It’s matchless.
Yet, what do we have? We try to set our fate by that rolling calendar all the time.
But then again, I know this haphazard trend will continue on and my effort here will probably go unnoticed. Majority will still continue to be divided on either buying into unbiblical 2012 theories (or similar) and panic [black], or dismissing them for the sake of it [white]. When Christian end time facts surface in the midst, mass, then, will either link it with un-Christian, unbiblical 2012 theories (or similar) [another black] or still sarcastically dismiss it as another mythology [another white] – Won’t it? It’s a blueprint based on a great black-or-white thinking. And that’s how it will be distorted to the mass.
But, ironically, even these are to FULFIL the words, which are written:
[2 Peter 3:3-4]
3. knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their
4. and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”
[2 Timothy 4:3-4]
3. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;
4. and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.
And the Bible must be fulfilled.
Of course, the above, which accurately depicts the current situation, are not even the scratch of the countless prophecy to be fulfilled for the end.
CHRISTIAN ATTITUDES IN DISCERNING THE END
Christians need not to be or appear as outdated zealots. Nor speculate or fear.
Let alone to be ignorant of the Scriptures and wrongly claim that this is not the end time we are living in.
Why? Because, everything is happening just as the Bible had predicted.
We, then, ought to find it natural. The Bible would have become a fallacy if these were not true. (Of course, we do not believe it for the sake of fulfilment of signs)
These fulfilments of signs as recorded only reaffirm the actuality of our gathering together to Christ and the Second coming of the Christ for the judgement of this world.
Just so Christ has arisen and lives, so do His words and promise.
If there is a Christian who either is feeding into unbiblical theories, or fear and speculate or even fail to recognise that this is the end time (for the Scriptures prove it) then, that is sound evidence that person really isn’t a Christian.
For, after all, it is written:
[2 Thessalonians 2:1-3]
1. Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you,
2. not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come.
3. Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,
[1 John 4:18] There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.
[Matthew 24 :6] And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
We, who long and abide in the promise of unification with the Christ, therefore, ought to be joyous that the promise, just as they all are written, is being fulfilled as we speak.
In it, we are not to be shaken or shattered.
There lies the what appears to be a paradox (1 Corinthians 1:18-27) of Christian faith and yet, you would be glad to know that it’s all real and far more practical that you would think.
So in summary:
- Magnetic pole shift, though plausible and real, (and as with other theories) alone does neither fully explain mass death of birds and fish nor justify the cause of the End.
- 2012 theories are not biblical and are not to be linked with the Bible. Regardless of this, the Bible rightly tells that this is the end time.
- Bible is being fulfilled and the end is drawing near. So one should be able to differentiate contraries and contradictories at all times. (Even if you are not a Christian)
- Christians ought to discern and see how the events are unfolding in the light of Bible prophecy and take joy in the promise, not panic for there are no reasons to.
Hope this helps,